Alien Gods

Alien Gods
Metal in Hell

Friday, June 24, 2011

23 June 2011





23 June 2011, maybe I’ll tattoo this in my fore head.

I woke up around 11:30 am, a little earlier than usual and being as lazy as I am, was feeling exhausted from the tiresome work of the process called sleeping (Oh the irony). Out ov the bathroom and slam onto the sofa. Rested for about 30 minutes, staring blank and effortlessly not thinking anything at all.

When I woke up from my second sleep like state, Raju (guitarist) and Ravi (Drummer) were already sitting in the couch opposite mine. They had just arrived though. I just realized that we had a jam session, my mind jumpstarted and automatically got busy solving the mysteries of the world and beyond.

Since the release ov our EP ‘Lunar Blackened Death’ we’ve been busy planning gigs and touring for the promotion ov the album. This time we had plans to play in Nepal, Darjeeling, Shillong and Guwahati (oh the excitement)

“We won’t be able to continue in the band” –just like a Deicide or Behemoth’s multilayered vocal track, came in unison, Raju and Ravi’s declaration.

[Into the abyss I plunge, into the abyss ov slime and grime

I sink and I sink as my body rots and falls apart and my heart pumps anger and grim

Blister the veins in my brain and the pain my spine gain

I think and I think as I stop the tears and the shame, cos I know it will never be the same ever again.]

I will simply put the reason behind their decision to leave Alien Gods as ‘due to extreme personal reasons’. Now out ov the original three members’ ov Alien Gods only Godshredder stands. It is an immense loss for the band and its fans, as Raju was the main song writer ov the band. I don’t know how things will go on from here onwards but one thing is for sure, no one is capable enough to replace him.

Alien Gods will continue making music and finish all the tours that we have planned. Doni will take over all guitars from now onwards and we have roped in Prakash Thapa for filling in the drums duties. Right now we don’t have any one in mind for the rhythm guitars duties.

That night I invited Raju and our Manager Duyu Tabyo at my place for beer and chicken, the joke ov the night was ‘It took us 5 years to get to a point where we had finally dealt with our guitar tone/setting problems, came out with our debut EP and on the verge ov an international gig which awaited only a few days, the best ov everything that we had dreamt ov were about to come true…just then they had to quit. (OH the IRONY)

No comments:

Post a Comment